The Science of SharkSkin
What is SharkSkin?
SharkSkin is a proprietary brand of Neptune Sports, Australia’s largest manufacturer of water sports exposure protection products.
SharkSkin simultaneously delivers many benefits to water sports enthusiasts that are unachievable with less technically advanced products such as neoprene.
These diverse benefits are achieved by laminating 3 separate materials together, all with different properties;
- The outer layer is made from a durable UV resistant Lycra nylon blend
- The middle membrane is both windproof and waterproof
- The non-chaffing inner thermal layer provides warmth and comfort against the skin
- Key benefits of SharkSkin
Windproof providing protection from wind chill when wet
- Breaths to minimise overheating and wicks moisture away from the skin
- Warmth of a 2.5 – 3mm conventional wetsuit but neutrally buoyant
- Contoured multi panel design available in both men’s and women’s cut delivering superior fit and comfort
- 4-way stretch ensures garments are non-restrictive allowing a full range of movement
- Non-chaffing itch and odour resistant inner means that garments can be worn for long periods of time
- Lightweight and quick drying makes garments ideal for travel
- Excellent sun protection (SPF 30+)
- Durable and looks great
Authentic SharkSkin garments come with a 12 month guarantee on workmanship against fair wear and tear.
Excludes fading and degeneration as a result of excessive exposure to chlorine or sunlight.
We guarantee SharkSkin will perform as advertised.
- SharkSkin is machine washable in cold water
- Line Dry
- Do not bleach
- Avoid use of fabric softeners
- Do not iron
- Do not dry clean
- Repeated use in chlorine can cause fading and degeneration of the fabric. It is important to wash thoroughly after use ensuring that all residual chlorine is removed
- Neptune Wetsuit Wash & Sanitiser is recommended
- It is recommended that UV resistant products should be kept out of the sun when not in use